Who we are
Claire Middlemiss FCG - Director of Governance
BComm Fellow member of the Chartered Governance Institute of SA (CGISA)
Member of the Institute of Business Administrators
Is the founder of Capital Governance (Pty) Ltd and is a qualified senior company secretary, with 21 years experience, specialising in corporate governance and compliance for public companies, private companies and SOE’s in South Africa.
She has a passion for Corporate Governance and enjoys implementing
proper structures and procedures with organisation which promotes
Core Skills: Company Secretarial, Corporate Governance and Compliance Management.
Yvonne Iyer - Remuneration Reporting and SMME Assist
Bachelor of Business Administration, Hons. Local Economic
- Yvonne is an experienced business consultant, her focus extends across the spectrum from assisting SMME’s and local government entities with German technical assistance to providing Boards with objective, independent and constructive view on strategy, management and governance.
She is also well trained in the 21st Century Corporate Governance
Leadership roles and management together with keeping abreast with this fast evolving discipline.
- Yvonne also serves as a Non- Executive Director to companies, and as required, the Chairperson of the Remuneration Committee, overseeing Remuneration Policies and Implementation Reports.
Natalie Smith - Executive Remuneration Support
Bachelor of Commerce in Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Hons and National Diploma in Human Resources.
- Registered with the SABPP as a Chartered HR Professional.
- HR practitioner with 28 years’ experience including operating at Executive level for listed entities.
- Natalie is a true generalist having mastered all aspects of the Human resources employee life cycle including Employee relations, Industrial relations, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Labour legislation, Compliance and reporting, Employee benefits, Payroll, KPI development and management and Succession planning.
Claire Marais – Board Support
- Lodging of CIPC documents
- Submission of Annual Returns to
- Meeting management and attendance
- Board Resolutions and Minutes of Meetings
- Directors Declarations of Interests Register
- Drafting / reviewing of Risk Registers
- Board and Committee Assessments
- POPI Act and PAIA Policies and compliance
- King IV Compliance